So, what should this post be about? I think i'll talk a little about my family again. Yesterday I went to my parents church where they grew up called Asra Du Barah (pronounced the way you see it, happy nimmy!?) Now let me say it was enormous and i had never seen so many happy people at once, not only because they were all christians but because they all knew who i was...They all recognized me as Nader Labib's (my father) son and some even confused me of being my father...i had no idea i looked like him back in the day. It was a lot of attention which i wasnt prepared for and all i could do is smile uncontrollably and just nod as people swarmed to shake my hand, kiss me, or hug me. I got to meet my tunt Fifi, my tunt Jii Han and my awesome cousin Nagwan. I also met my grandfather for the first time and he is really great. I felt really bad that I couldnt communicate with him very well and i hope to fix that by the next time i see him. My tunt Fifi and Nagwan are really funny and cool there would be pauses in conversation and my tunt Fifi would just say "ya habibi, ibna nader gameel owie!" (this translates "my child, nader's son very beautiful!") and they took me out to food after the church service. OH! sorry i forgot to set a time indication the service was at 7pm Egypt time which is like 12 noon for you guys. By the time we left church it was about 9:30pm or so then we took a taxi to Giza which was about a 45minute drive and saw my uncles and my grandfather. They all really love my dad and miss him a lot, they just kept asking me "why isnt nader here and why hasnt he been coming!?" haha all i could say is "mish araf" (i dont know) So after time spent we drove back to Cairo and by then it was i think midnight or midnight:30 and we got some dinner since we didnt eat yet. We went to a tikka place and i ordered some kebab and kofta (delicious meat thats all you gotta know :P) They drove me back and by then it was 2am where i immediately went to bed due to my exhaustion. I pray that sundays arent going to be like that all the time or i'm coming back to america in a body bag! (kidding i loved it)
I will bring my camera with me next time for i didnt anticipate that event at all and will show you pictures of my beautiful family :D. Till next time sports fans
I hope Joe got to read this
ehh...i feel really bad about not posting a picture so let me put up something i can find, maybe you'll like it or not...as all of you should know i am referred to as the "balance master" so here is just photographic proof i suppose on me balancing something


4 comments:
KOFTA! oh man. now im definally jelous. you have too much family its hard keeping track. seems to me like your in heaven "beautiful child"
LOL..on snap! I got a mention in the famous blog!! But yes..that's a great name that is fun yet easy to pronounce.
All the attention must be killing you! Your church trip sounds perfectly normal. Whenever I go to India I end up consuming so much food from various houses that I begin to hate to eat. But you can't refuse food at someone's house so you eat and eat .....
are they telling you that you are too skinny? No matter how big I am my family always exclaims that I lost weight and am on the verge of death and must eat three plates of rice.
andrew your jawline is so egyptian
Yo, Andrew! Man, these pictures are too much, and what I mean by that is that they aren't too much, they are just right.
This hospitality you speak of is quite amazing- great to read that you are in such good care. There definitely needs to be more photos, and detailed explanations of every eygptian food you eat. I can actually hear you saying all this while I read this; you write just like you talk. Still hasn't dawned on me that you are gone for a
year... :-?
-TheVmang
Post a Comment